All About BISC
Brussels International Sailing Club (BISC) is a non-commercial club of sailing enthusiasts. Our members range from expert sailors, skippers, and experienced crew to total beginners. We are not a sailing school, but we welcome novices at our events
What everyone in the club has in common is that we enjoy messing about in boats! BISC members hail from all over the world and the club language is English. Come discover the world on the water with us!
The club is run by 8 Committee members all of whom are volunteers. The 2023 members of the BISC Committee are as follows
- Chair: Patrick Sinnesael – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair, WWSV/VZW officer: Annika Eberstein – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Peter O’Reilly – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Michael Dunhill – email@example.com
- Social Secretary: Sue Bird – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Organiser: Philip Easthill – email@example.com
- Communications Officer: Sofia Lettenbichler – firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a member and interested in joining the committee? Please contact Patrick Sinnesael, our Chair.
Membership of the club is open to all who are interested in and enjoy sailing. Our members range from expert sailors, skippers, and experienced crew to total beginners. We are not a sailing school, but we welcome novices at our events. Membership costs are affordable. So come and join us!
Federation, Statutes and House Rules
The Club is registered in Belgium and a member of WWSV (Wind & Watersport Vlaanderen), through which members are covered by liability insurance and from which we receive guidance on conformity to administration and rules in Belgium. More information on the insurance can be found here.
BISC is set up as a not-for-profit association (vzw/asbl) regulated by statutes in accordance with Belgian law. For more practical issues BISC applies “House Rules“.
We also have laid out a BISC Operating Safety Guide to promote a safe environment where BISC members can enjoy our events in comgort and safety.