- This event has passed.
First Aid at Sea – few places left
Our one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
John and Jenny have given this usefull course several times for our club.
There are 8 places available shared between BISC and CNCE. To secure your place for the course:
1. contact John by email and provide him with your contact details (incl club membership).
2. pay the course fee (and BISC members also the membership fee for 2018) to the BISC account
IBAN = BE88 3630 9930 8741; BIC = BBRUBEBB
3. when your payment has arrived, John will confirm your registration.
Any questions? Just drop an email!
Why not having a full nautical weekend and doing the marine radio course on Saturday?
From the course content:
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of an accident/injury on board ship
- Actions on discovering a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Scene Management
- The unconscious casualty
- Examination of a casualty
- Recovery position
- Bleeding Wounds and injuries
- Head injuries
- Fractures & dislocation
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Temperature extremes
- Care of the rescued casualty
- Medical emergencies including heart attack, choking & asthma
- Casualty handling & Transporting a casualty on board ship
- Communications, equipment & information
- Health & hygiene